Statement of Claim
1. Carrier is not liable for damage to real property or belongings of the customer when items are moved contrary to mover’s advice.
2. Work is charged on a per-hour basis unless a flat rate quote is agreed upon. Flat rates require a deposit and a prior walk through must be completed. Estimated costs are not intended as a guaranteed total cost for work completed.
3. Total charges must be paid upon completion of move.
4. Carrier is not certified to transport hazardous material such as but not limited to: gasoline, propane, spray paint, paint cans, ammunition and other items deemed hazardous by the Kansas Department of Transportation per Chapter 49: 172.01 of the code of federal regulations.
5. All tips and gratuities must be given directly to your movers. Checks cannot be made out to the Carrier.
6. Carrier will not transport any living thing including but not limited to: plants, pets, regardless of being caged.
7. Carrier reserves the right to provide and charge for additional movers as carrier deems necessary.
8. Carrier is not responsible for any goods once out of our custody, control or care.
9. Customer must prepare an inventory of items to be moved and given to the driver at the day of the move.
10. Carrier reserves the right to refuse complete or partial service for the following reasons including but not limited to: evidence of insects, rodents, un-cleanliness of premises, abusive treatment or anything that could pose a health risk to the movers.
11. Carrier is not responsible for damage to cement items that can break due to normal vibrations during a move.
12. Carrier is not liable for any damage to particleboard or pressed wood items.
13. Carrier is not liable for aged items that cannot sustain their own weight while being moved including finish and veneer damage while being moved, following industry standards.
14. In the absence of external damage, carrier is not liable for mechanical or electrical malfunction of, but not limited to: computers, television sets, refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, stereos, dvd players, and cd players, etc. Proper service before and after the move is the customer’s responsibility. These items often fail from reasons other than transportation, or from normal vibration due to transportation.
15. Carrier will not disconnect or connect televisions, electronics, refrigerators, washers, dryers, stoves, or any other appliances. This must be done by the shipper or a licensed professional. Carrier is not responsible for water leaks, gas leaks or damage caused by improperly disconnected or connected appliances.
16. Carrier is not liable for but not limited to: pictures, glass shelves, glass tabletops, hanging artwork, pottery, ceramic or glass unless appropriately packaged.
17. In the event of damage, the invoice must be paid in full before a claim is settled.
18. Carrier is not responsible for snow removal. In the event carrier is willing to help with snow removal, standard hourly rates will be charged. Carrier is not responsible for cleaning floors. Carrier is not responsible for property damage due to weather.
19. Carrier is not liable for damage to underground utility lines, yards, trees, or landscaping due to positioning of the truck, if the customer has approved positioning or has not denied the standard.
20. Under no circumstance is carrier liable for the breaking, cracking or crumbling of cement/concrete driveways, sidewalks or approaches.
21. The carrier is not liable for damage to or the loss of contents of loose items in dresser drawers, jewelry boxes, bureaus, chests, boxes, or other containers, whether or not such property is packed or unpacked by the customer(shipper).
22. In the event of loss, carrier will make every attempt to locate and return lost items. Should lost items not be located, carrier will cooperate fully with efforts made by customer to recover items. Carrier is not liable for items customer believes are missing that cannot be shown to have been in the care, custody or control of carrier or any representative thereof.
23. Carrier is not liable for miscellaneous items such as, but not limited to: lamps, lampshades, decorative items, accent items or any other items that are not properly packaged.
24. Carrier is not liable for creasing or puncturing of vinyl or laminate floors. Due to the nature of the weight of, but not limited to: refrigerators, washers, dryers and the age, quality and instability of vinyl or laminate floors carrier accepts no responsibility for this kind of floor covering(s).
25. Carrier will not be responsible for any items not moved after shipper has released the truck to destination address. It is the customer/shipper’s responsibility to ensure all items to be transported are loaded.
26. Shipper agrees to do a thorough walk-through of the pickup location ensuring that all items are loaded and that all water, gas and electricity, are as the shipper would like to leave the pickup location. This includes locking the doors and inspecting the pickup location for damage. Carrier will accept no liability for pickup location after being released to go to shipping destination.
27. Carrier is not liable for veneer or aged items that break, peel or crack from normal handling.
28. Extra fees will be charged for oversized or unusually heavy items such as but not limited to: gun safes, pianos and pool tables. These items will be moved ground floor to ground floor only and left to the discretion of the movers.
29. Carrier will accept no responsibility for damaged items that are unloaded from or loaded on to a shippers personal or rental vehicle. If items being shipped are not shipped on Carrier’s trucks shipper claims full responsibility for any and all property damage that may occur.
A. In the event of damaged property, the following procedures must be followed.
1. Shipper/customer must notify carrier within 7 days from the end of the move or claim will be denied.
B. It will be determined by the carrier, those responsible for the damage or loss, based on the conditions set forth.
C. If it is determined that the carrier is responsible for the property damage, carrier will pay the depreciated value of the damaged property based on the “Joint Military-Industry Depreciation Guide” and carrier will take possession of the damaged piece as salvage.
D. If an item(s) is repairable, carrier reserves the right to select the vendor(s) who will subsequently make the repairs. This also includes structural damage to property such as but not limited to: walls, doors, flooring, etc.
F. If it is determined by the carrier that they are not responsible for the damage(s), the claim will be denied.
Customer/Shipper must agree to all term and conditions set forth in carrier’s statement of claim before the movers can start.
MAC MOVERS LLC
Phone: 620-755-8566 Website: https://www.macmoversllc.com/